Friday 6 September 2013

Lush Lemony Flutter

It smells like lemons, I love lemons: Lush Lemony Flutter Review

 

Lush has recently graced us with a store in Cape Town and I couldn’t be happier! And since I have nail care OCD Lemony Flutter would be the obvious choice for my first Lush Purchase!  

 

This is a product that is worshipped by many nail polish addicts and lovers out there and after using it for the past 2 months I can see why. The creamy formula makes rubbing it into your cuticles a pleasure. Oh! And the smell of zingy lemon is just so uplifting. It has become my favourite smell! (Do people have a favourite smell?) I have read that some people really dislike the smell and they find the product too greasy, but I guessed it’s based on preference. My boyfriend really dislikes the fragrance; he prefers the smell of the Earthy Lush Handy Gurugu which, in turn, I'm not too fond of. 
 
The features of this products – according to Lush.com :
  • Must-have: This is the product that quickly changes from a whim to can’t-live-without.
  • No more rough stuff: Softens hard skin all over the body, especially the cuticles and elbows.
  • Sunny citrus: Lemons are excellent for brightening skin and softening rough areas.
I can vouch for all these features. I can’t start my day without giving my hands a good massage with this product. It has really softened my hands and cuticles. I haven’t used cuticle remover since using this product. Lemony Flutter is a God send to rough heels and elbows. Apply some to your feet, and put on socks before you go to bed. You will wake up with baby soft feet. I find that the Main ingredient, Mango butter, is very soothing. So this is awesome for tired feet as well. All Lush products are fresh and handmade and come with an expiry date.



 


Lemony Flutter goes for R95 for 50g. A Lot of people can’t justify paying that much for so little product, but as any Lush lover will tell you, “a little does go a long way”. I have mine for two months, using it every day, and you can see from the second picture, I still have A LOT left. If you are still sceptical about purchasing this product, don’t be afraid to pop into a Lush store and grab a sample.





This is just the first of many Lush products I will review. Have you tried Lemony Flutter or any other Lush products? What would you recommend? Drop a comment below. 



 


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to have a lush. I really want to try one of their bath bombs. I don't really use cuticle cream as I don't paint my nails often, but I love the smell of lemon as well :)

    Odette
    O so inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urgh I hate you for being so close to Lush. I covet everything!!
    I just recently got a tub of this after lusting over it for more than a year. Well I haven't actually got it yet. My friend bought and posted to me so it should be here soon (I am hoping today)

    Great review! Thanks. I have also heard the smell being off putting but I love the lemony smell and quite honestly, it's a minor. I also heard people hating on it because it leaves a residue but even that is easily fixed with a wash (if it is true) so I am a huge fan of Lemony Flutter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the comment Michelle <3 I'm surprised they opened two here already, thought they would do one here and one in Joburg. It's doesn't leave a residue for me so I don't know about that. I think you just gotta make sure your hands are clean before you apply. There hand creams are awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love lush, but there is not one where i live. I have a facemask sample i use, but i havent tried lemony flutter yet!

    ReplyDelete